Interfactional Parliamentary Association
“For the Protection of Violated Rights of Citizens and
Against Political Repression
“Forbidden to Forbid”
To the Ministry of
Interior of Ukraine
about criminal offense
(under Part 1 of Article 214 of the Criminal Procedural Code of Ukraine)
According to the Constitution of Ukraine and the Law of Ukraine «The Freedom of Conscience and Religious Organizations», church and religious organizations in Ukraine are separated from the state. However, during the execution of parliamentary powers we received confirmed information about the systematic violation by officials of the state of the rights and freedoms of citizens and priesthoods of religious organizations.
In particular, the rapid curtailment of the democratic processes in Ukraine is confirmed by the actions of leaders towards representatives of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
One of the facts of this is the power attempts of the authorities to hold the so-called Unifying Cathedral of Bishops, members of which must be representatives of the Church and statesmen, in order to establish state control over internal affairs of the church.
This is not the first attempt by the authorities to intervene in the affairs of the church. State leaders have already tried to forcibly assemble the Episcopate of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in the building of the former Lenin Museum.
But no only authorities interferes with religion in Ukraine
An increasing concern is the activity of law enforcement agencies, which, on the eve of presidential elections, have been turned into a repressive instrument.
Unfortunately, today the bells in churches ring less frequently than representatives of the Security Service of Ukraine and governors call to the bishops of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church, demanding that they act on orders.
Here are a few examples.
- Operational units and agents of the Security Service of Ukraine carries out illegal investigative actions and operational-search measures for the bishops of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (see annex);
- There are power incursions into the premises of the Diocesan Administrations to directly pressure the bishops of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (see annex);
- There is organizing the «activists on call» pickets at the buildings belonging to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
- Representatives of the Security Service of Ukraine and the head of the Oblast State Administrations, their authorized persons resort to threats. They call it “motivating interviews” with Church representatives (see annex);
- Representatives of the Presidential Administration are involved in organizing illegal collection of personal data from various closed databases of state authorities (as an example, the database of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine) (see annex);
- The incitement of religious enmity and hatred takes place with the involvement of paramilitary formations, which are a forceful continuation of the special services of Ukraine and operate in an illegal manner.
No one of authorities, ranging from the Roman emperors to communist leaders, could break the Christian Orthodox Church. We are deeply convinced that the current inability of the authorities regarding the forceful attraction of the Bishops of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church to the so-called Cathedral, the so-called United Orthodox Church, it will lead to an even more brazen violation of the rights of believers and destabilization of the situation in the state.
Authority that confuses its banners with God and God with its own thought is doomed.
Thus, in their totality, the actions of state officials are aimed at deliberately violating the rights and freedoms of citizens and clergymen of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church guaranteed by the Constitution of Ukraine, depending on their religious beliefs, containing signs of a criminal offense, under Articles 161, 356, 365 of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
In accordance with the requirements of Part 1, Part 4 of Article 214 of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine, investigator, prosecutor, without delay, but no later than 24 hours after the submission of the application, the message about the committed criminal offense, must enter the relevant information into the Unified Register of Pre-Trial Investigations and initiate an investigation. Refusal to accept and register an application or message on a criminal offense is not allowed.
In addition, in accordance with Paragraph 1 of Part 1 of Article 303 of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine, the inaction of investigator, prosecutor, which consists in failing to include information about a criminal offense in the Unified Register of Pre-Trial Investigations after receiving a statement or message about a criminal offense, they may be appealed to the investigating Judge.
Considering the above, guided by Article 214, 216 of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine,
I ASK YOU:
- Not later than 24 hours after the submission of this statement of a criminal offense, enter the relevant information to the Unified Register of Pre-Trial Investigations and start a pre-trial investigation with the aim of establishing the objective circumstances of the case and bringing the perpetrators to criminal responsibility.
- Notify results for me of the consideration of the criminal complaint within the time limits established by Law.
- Take under personal control the course of pre-trial investigation.
Members of Parliament of Ukraine:
- Andrii Derkach
- Andrii Shypko.
- Nestor Shufrych.
- Serhii Dunayev
- Ihor Shurma
- Yevheniy Murayev
- Serhii Shakhov
- Dmytro Kolesnikov
- Kostyantyn Pavlov
- Yuriy Voropayev
- Yuriy Myroshnychenko
- Andrii Kyselev
- Oleksandr Vilkul
- Volofymyr Zubyk
- Hennadii Bobov
- Taras Kozak
- Mykhailo Papiyev
- Dmytro Shpynov
- Mykola Skoryk
- Yuriy Boyko
- Ivan Myrnyi
- Stanislav Berezkin
- Vasyl Nimchenko