The appropriate bill #1591 “On amending certain laws of Ukraine concerning the provision of transparency and access to information on the activity of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, its committees, and Members of Parliament of Ukraine” was forwarded to a second reading.
Let us note that it was previously pointed out that a portion of norms laid down in the bill had already been determined in the directions of the Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada. In their turn, the supporters of the bill #1591 point out that the Parliament has to legalize a number of issues specifically on the legislative level.
In particular, the bill provides that the staff of the Verkhovna Rada shall ensure the publication on the Verkhovna Rada site of:
- the list of Members of Parliament, who have received funds to compensate for the cost of travel, and the sum of compensation received by each Member of Parliament;
- the list of assistants and consultants of Member of Parliament of Ukraine with their full names, as well as their status;
- the list of Members of Parliament, who were granted the funds for rent and hotel accommodation, the sum of funds allocated.
- report on business trip of a committee member.
- the draft estimate of the Verkhovna Rada for the following year no later than 10 days before the day of its consideration for the purpose of adoption.
- the full text of MP appeal and a reply thereto.
- a protocol of a meeting of the Conciliation Board.
Source: Law and Business