On the eve of the new heating season, the Cabinet of Ministers eased the conditions for receiving subsidies for certain categories of population.
The Cabinet of Ministers approved the relevant resolution at the meeting on October 20, reports Law and Business.
During a conference call on subsidies scheduled for today, October 21, the regions will be informed about the changes, said the Minister of Social Policy Yulia Sokolovska.
Therefore, the Resolution provides for the following simplified procedures for granting subsidies:
- granted the right of commissions of local self-government bodies to allocate housing subsidy to orphanages of family type (OFT) for overtime housing;
- the income and income of the OFT will not include material assistance and scholarships for orphans and children deprived of parental care, as well as the vehicles purchased by them;
- in rural areas, when granting a housing subsidy, the income of one of the spouses of retirement age registered at another address will not be taken into account (this will allow them to receive assistance for housing and communal services);
- a subsidy to military personnel will be awarded without receiving information on their payment of a single social contribution;
- the availability of a trailer that has been issued for less than 5 years will no longer cause the subsidy to be refused.The Minister noted that the new decisions put an additional burden on those who administer this program in the regions, but will help to respond to the important needs of people before the start of this heating season and the onset of the cold.