This was reported by the press service of the Prosecutor General’s Office.
The pre-trial investigation has established that these volunteers obtained personal firearms when they joined the 24th battalion of territorial defense “Aidar”.
“Considering their status as servicemen, during their military service they must observe the Constitution of Ukraine, the laws of Ukraine, the Internal Service Charter of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the Disciplinary Regulations of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other regulatory acts, as well as diligently carry out official duties determined therein” the press service informs.
The men are being charged with:
- organization of an armed gang for the purpose of attacking certain individuals;
- assault for the purpose of obtaining other people’s property, in addition to threats of violence endangering life and well-being of an individual subjected to the assault, in addition to violation of the premises executed by an organized gang;
- illegal obtainment of transport conducted repeatedly by an organized gang of individuals, in addition to the threat of violence endangering life and well-being of the victim;
- illegal abduction of more than two persons in a manner endangering life and well-being of the victims conducted with the use of firearms by an organized gang;
- illegal obtainment of passports and other important personal documents.
Law enforcement continues pre-trial investigation on this criminal proceeding.