Tuka proposes to provide aid for communal services to the displaced persons via card payments

State aid for payment of communal services to the displaced persons should be replaced with automatic transfer of funds.

The Deputy Minister on Temporarily Occupied Territories and Internally Displaced Persons Georgiy Tuka made such statement while commenting on the situation with power outage and water supply shutdown in the sanatorium “Teterev” in Zhytomyr Region, where displaced persons reside.

“I have information that situations like this may occur all around the country now. On one hand, rates have increased, on the other – there have been plenty of instances when the displaced refuse to pay for communal services… The displaced persons receive financial aid from the state specifically to cover payment for communal services. I consider unacceptable that people who receive funds to cover payment of power and water bills, spend them on other needs” , he noted.

“Maybe we should consider the possibility of automatic transfer of corresponding funds instead of making cash payments” , Deputy Minister said.

Earlier, the representatives of public organizations came to the Cabinet of Ministers with big glasses thus calling on the Head of the Government Vladimir Groysman to open his eyes to the problems of the internally displaced persons.


Source: Human Rights Information Center

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someone